Pink Floyd and the Wizard of Oz
Someone discovered that the Dark Side of the Moon album by Pink Floyd synchronizes with the movie The Wizard of Oz. Wow, I would have liked to have been partying with that dude that night........ Here are the instructions for setting up the syncronization.
- Obtain movie 'The Wizard of Oz.'
- Obtain the CD of Pink Floyd's '
Dark Side of the Moon
- Start the CD and press pause at the beginning of track 1.
- Put the movie in your VCR and press play.
- Turn off the sound on your television. Turn up the volume on your CD player or stereo.
- When the MGM lion roars for the third time, unpause the CD.
- If the credit 'Produced by Mervyl Leroy' appears onscreen at the transition between the songs 'Speak to Me' and 'Breathe,' then you are set up correctly.
Here are some of the things to look for:
- Listen for the lyrics as Dorothy slips and falls into the pigpen.
- The tornado scene begins just as 'The Great Gig in the Sky' starts playing. The song lasts for the entire duration of the storm.
- 'Money' begins as Dorothy opens the door and sees Oz. The black and white part of the film ends at this point and begins in color.
- Listen for the lyrics as Glinda the good witch floats down in her bubble.
- The dancing ballerinas seem to keep time with the rhythm in 'Us and Them.'
- 'Brain Damage' plays as the scarecrow sings 'If I Only Had a Brain.'
- The album ends with a heartbeat, as Dorothy presses her ear to the Tin Man's chest to listen for a heart.
So, you decide, is it all coincidence or is it part of the inspired lunacy of Pink Floyd?
Pink Floyd TShirts
Pink Floyd's Site